Pharmacy/Depression, anxiety & binge eating disorder

Question
Hello, I'm in my late 30s, female, struggling with depression, anxiety and binge eating.   I was on Effexor and it seemed to work as a mood stabilizer and help with anxiety (I still had depression symptoms) and my eating was out of control.  My doc started me on Wellbutrin 150mg/day 7weeks ago, and the first couple of weeks were great-lost 7 lbs!  BUT my anxiety is really severe now, I'm extremely mean to everyone and have crazy temper!  Also, started eating again and gained back all the weight, can't sit through a job interview without crying etc.  I'm loosing emotional connection with my husband and children as the smallest things will set me off.  We have a stressful family life as it is with kids with ADHD, GAD.  I'm desperate to find a drug to get me stable enough to start therapy (waiting listed until end of March)
I have my check-up with my family doctor tomorrow and I'd like to go in with some informed ideas, please help!
Thank you

Answer
Hi Gabi,
Depression is sometimes linked to low thyroid function and hormonal imbalance. I f these have not yet been checked I suggest you as your doctor to rule these causes out. The use of antidepressant can take up to 8 weeks to show benefit. Be patient, adhere to the medication and dosage adjustments recommended by your doctor.
Thank you for using Allexperts
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm  

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt