Pharmacy/Elavil (amitryptyline) and Flunazemil

Question
Hello I am tapering diazepam (put on diazepam to get of clonazepam, which was used for me to taper off Methadone)) but have hit my "wall" 9.3 I have been on Elavil for 2 years. 50mg and 2 months ago went up to 75mg. It is being used for headaches and muscular and nerve pain from withdrawal. I have been tapering several meds going into my 5th year including the above meds and recently finished tapering off Imovane (zoplicone). Because I work Tapering is done very slowly because of the withdrawal effects on me. I want to know if Elavil is easy to taper off. I would like to come off it but I would tell the Dr beforehand. I also have been reading about Flunazemil rapid detox for Benzodiazepines in U.S.A. I am from Canada and can't find info here for that. Any help with this I would appreciate. Thank You so much.

Answer
Hi Sharon,
Getting off Elavil needs to be done in a slow tapering manner just like the other medications you are tapering off.
This needs to be ccordinated with your physician.
Flumazenil is available in Canada. It is an injection used in the emrgency room to reverse benzodiazepine overdose. It is short acting so it requires multiple injections as ita effect wears off. I have also seen itt used as a continuous drip to reverse an overdose. It is not used as a  detox method in the sense to get a person off the medication.
Thank you for using Allexperts
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt