Pharmacy/too much gas in my intestines

Hello doctor, How do you do?

Unfortunately it's been a few years that I have gas in my intestines more than usual, I'm 31, and it would be a disadvantage since I want to get married. should I solve this via drugs (like dayabeticon if I spelled write) I eat usual food like I did in my early 20's and I already take other drugs like anti depressants. Can you give me some advice? should I have to see a doctor? my father's a doctor but I'm too shy to ask him this issue.
Thanks in advance,

Flatulance is a normal occurrance, though can be excessive and odourous as a result of diet.  Conventional medication is unlikely to be helpful, and herbal-like products may only complicate matters. Tablets containing activated charcoal have been used in the past, but I could not be sure they are available in your country. They were removed from the UK market many years ago.

I suggest you look closely at your diet and try to reduce high fibre foods such as beans, lentils or pulses which are often more difficult to digest. If you can add in more meat, fresh fruit and a moderate amount of carbohydrates (rice, potatoes etc.). It may take a while to find which foods you can tolerate best as it will take some time for your gut to adjust.

I hope this helps.

Nigel Simmons

I am happy to answer general questions on medicines and hospital care. If possible, please use approved / chemical names rather than brands which are not internationally recognised. Like all health professionals I am bound by a duty of care which prevents me giving detailed information about medication or treatment of people other than the questioner. I will endeavour to help wherever possible or point towards more appropriate advice. If however your question crosses too far into patient confidentiality, I hope you will understand why I cannot answer your question. Consider.. would you want me to discuss your care with a friend or relative without your knowledge?

Previously Sysop on CompuServe UK Professionals forum.