Pharmacy/Flagyl question?

Question
I have been prescribed Flagyl 500mg 3 times a day for 14 days for C Diff. Now I read about seizures and nerve damage issues as a side effect. How common is this side effect? I tend to be a worrier when it comes to side effects, and this one bothers me. I just took the first pill 10 minutes ago from the time I typed this and I am worried.

Answer
Hi Dustin,
In my 34 years of practice I have not seen a single case of seizures related to Flagyl. I have taken the drug myself. The most common side effect is bad taste in your mouth, so take it with food to avoid this bad taste. Another warning is to avoid alcohol while taking the medication, and for 14 days after the course of treatment is finished. Alcohol and Flagyl do npt mix. The combination will make you extremely sick. it is sometimes used to treat alcoholics to make then stay away from alcohol.
Thank you for using Allexperts
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt