Pharmacy/prescription

Question
I have been prescribed vyvanse 60 mg for about 5 months. I had a doctor's appointment about 10 days ago and it was decided that I should begin to take 70 mg, so he wrote me a prescription for 70 mg, which I got filled the day of. However, a couple of weeks ago I was due for another 30 day supply of the 60 mg vyvanse, which I was given a script for but never got filled due to the fact that I was out of town. Considering that I just have this prescription lying around, is it possible for me to get it filled even though I just got a 70 mg prescription filled recently?

Answer
Hi,Sarah,
When the doctor increased your dose to 70mg, that automatically cancelled out the prescription for the 60mg. Chances are, if you tried to fill the 60 mg prescription even at a different pharmacy,they would call the doctor to question it. Hope this helps, Mary

Pharmacy

Mary E Scott, RPh, CGP