barbara,im a 79 year old insommnic.i have tried ambien,lunesta,restoral all work then poop psychiatrist told me to try gabitril.i told her that drug is for epilectics,and i never had a seizure.she told me many people who never got seizures,use it for sleeping pill.she said seizure rate for non-epilectics is only 1%i have been on it for sleep for 3 weeks.i get the best relaxed sleep,no hangovers next it really safe for non-epilectics.i read it is very commomly used as sleep aids for non-epilectics.

Gabatril is used for indications other than epilepsy, as most anti-seizure drugs are.  In my practice I have never had anyone on Gabatril for seizures, only for other indications, such as a sleep aid as it was prescribed for you.  Even though this is not a common usage, you need to trust your psychiatrist and the experience she has with the treatments she prescribes.  Gabatril is safe for persons who do not have epilepsy.  I hope it keeps working for you.

Barb Judge

Barbara Judge

Outpatient pharmacy and general health. I have recently completed a Pharmceutical Care Certificate Program offered by Purdue University (Spring 1999 completion). I have personal experience dealing with terminally ill persons and their needs, as well as their families` needs. I graduated in 1984 from Pharmacy School and have been a Licensed Pharmacist since then. I have 18 years retail pharmacy experience. Prior to my pharmacy training I have 3 years hospital experience as a Nurse`s Aide.