Pharmacy/Magnesium for Spurs

Sir,  I have spurs due to plantar fasciitis in both my feet, have lot of trouble walking, I've heard taking magnesium will dissolve the spurs, is this true?  If yes, pl advice the name of these brands as I live in Bangalore, India.  Thanks

Hi Gita,
There are some claims that magnesium can treat spurs, I have never tried it. I do not know how reliable the reports on the role of magnesium for heel spurs are. However I will direct you to the url:
Please decide for yourself if you would like to tyr it. I would only recommend antiinflammatory agents like diclofenac, for a few months.
Best wishes
Ravi Ghooi

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.