QUESTION: ambien has been on the market 17 years.all ofsudden people who dont know their ass from a hole in the wall scripps-howard does a segment on cbs that ambien causes dementia ,memory loss and shortage of life expendency 2 years.the idiot who ran scripps-howard did not even have facts on how peope died.ive been on ambien 2 years,im 79 and at my age how the hell can i blame loss of ambien to memory loss.memory los starts at 50.the idiots who run these negatine loss of memory did nottake age into consideration.i did literature thru medical journals.not one said central nervous system result of ambien.harvard andmayo clinic said long term effects of ambien and other benzos like xanax****not know****your last e-mail to me said ambien causes memory loss.not according to medical literature

ANSWER: If you type in ambien and memory loss into a Google search, you will find articles supporting the claim that it can cause memory loss.

QUESTION: not to get in a pissing contest,anything by google is not creditable a  druggist you go by mayo clinic and harvard experts.all you find on google are idiots who have no medical knowledge.the truth with creditable studies is the only damage long term ambien causes is short term memory problems next day no permanent memory loss and no definitely no central nervous system must remember at least 60% of people in this country are clueless,and most of these write medical articles on google.if ambien caused perment memory loss the fda would pull more communication is necessary,these are the facts.if you dont believe me look up side effects in new england medical journal/not google.they will tell you they dont   know if long term benzos or sleeping pills cause any side closed***************

ANSWER: There is medical evidence available through  It is not based on what people say.  Type in ambien package insert.  Under Sarnofi aventis, you will find the answer from the drug manufacturer.

QUESTION: if long term ambien produces memory is it short term and reverseable when you stop ambien.are there other side effects of long term ambien considered harmfull/is lunesta long term any safer

It is not always short term and reversible when ambien is stopped.  There is no guarantee that memory will come back.  Ambien's long term side effects include grand mal seizures and falls in elderly patients.  However, ambien is well tolerated in most patients.  Hence, it is commonly prescribed.  Lunesta long term use is comparable to Ambien and is not any more or less safer than Ambien.

Nanaz Khosrowshahi

Being a pharmacist, I can answer questions on medications. This includes how drugs work in the body, drug interactions, drug side effects, warnings and precautions to take when using certain medications, dosage forms and strengths, management of overdosing, storage of medications, drug administration, contraindications, and drug indications. I am able to guide them on lab work that needs to be drawn and monitored while on certain medications. I am able to help patients save money when purchasing medications by directing them to cost-effective therapies. I am able to answer questions on federal laws governing pharmacy practice in the United States. I am unable to answer questions legally as if I am diagnosing the patient's disease or illness. For example, if a patient stated he had upper flank pain, I am unable to say he definitely has a urinary tract infection. However, I am able to direct the patient to the correct next step, which is to call his physician with such a side effect.

I have been a licensed pharmacist since 2007, holding licenses in CT and MA. I have a PHARM.D from an accelerated pharmacy school program. Currently, I work at the Hebrew Home and Hospital in West Hartford, CT as a pharmacist. I am a well-rounded pharmacist, with experience in long-term care, IV home infusion, retail, hospital, and hospice. I serve as the pharmacy unit coordinator for Mass Dispensing Area #31 in CT, where I am called upon as a volunteer pharmacist in case of public emergencies, such as anthrax threats. I helped run the swine flu vaccine clinic in 2009. I am on the Editorial Advisory Board for Pharmacy Today, a publication of the American Pharmacists Association. My position on the board runs for three years. Every month I make suggestions and offer ideas that would help improve the magazine. I have undergone extra training to administer vaccines to patients, which is training that only a certain percentage of registered pharmacists in the country have.

American Pharmacists Association 2007

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, MA- PHARM.D 2007 University of California, Irvine- BA psychology 2001 cum laude