hi rav,came accross article that there have been instances of liver problems with your opion is ambien safer and less threat to  kidneys  and liver then lunesta

Hi Howard,
I do think ambien is safer, though I dont worry much for the  hepatic effects of the drug. Basically drugs which affect the liver do maximaum damage to alcoholics or those with an imparied hepative function. Normally liver has an excess capacity of around 400 %, hence the drugs liverr effects are usually inconsequential, except of course some other drugs.
Best wishes

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.