Pharmacy/ambien and lunesta

Question
QUESTION: if you take ambien 6 months then take lunesta for 6 months/would ambien have central nervous system damage much higher then lunesta?

ANSWER: Hi Mack,
No. Both will make you  drowsy and put you to sleep at the same rate. Mental alertness is affected the same way.
Thank you for using Allexperts,
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

QUESTION: eric,i have been taken lunesta for 4 months its a horrible drug leaves mr hung over next day.i take 1mg Xanax with linesta,been on Xanax 4 years have no attention stopping Xanax,all the articles I read about ambien say its meant for short term,causes memory loss and sometimes central nervous system damage.im 79 and after much research I have beeb  taking 15mg remeron and 1mg Xanax.from what I read remeron does not have any more harmfull effects my age then sleeping pills?thanks for your patience and uunderstanding.am I on the right path with remeron and 1mg xanax

Answer
Hi Mack,
Remeron is very effective as a sleep aid. I have several people on it at the nursing home I service and they are doing well with it. also hlps those people with poor appetite put on weight. If you are concerned about your weight then Remeron is not the best drug for you. Xanax can also undesirable after  effects in the morning. Have you tried a lower dose of Xanax with Lunesta?
Thank you for using Allexperts
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt