Pharmacy/Career in Pharmacy

Hello sir
I want to pursue my career in Pharmacy.My aim is to open a world class medical industry in my country in the future.What field of Pharmacy do I need to study in order to accomplish my dream?Please help me.

I suspect that if you enquire of pharmacy training courses, you are likely to find that (as with most other countries), that students are taught the science behind medicines use and development. They will also do a range of practical classes which reinforce this knowledge in a range of typical working areas.

Typically pharmacists become specialist at the end of their academic training, frequently moving into hospital or retail / community roles. A smaller proportion will move into industry (pharmaceutical manufacturing), research or academia.

With a common grounding and by taking opportunities to work in each specialism wherever possible, I'm sure you will find an area where you can work towards achieving your dream.

I hope this helps.

Nigel Simmons

I am happy to answer general questions on medicines and hospital care. If possible, please use approved / chemical names rather than brands which are not internationally recognised. Like all health professionals I am bound by a duty of care which prevents me giving detailed information about medication or treatment of people other than the questioner. I will endeavour to help wherever possible or point towards more appropriate advice. If however your question crosses too far into patient confidentiality, I hope you will understand why I cannot answer your question. Consider.. would you want me to discuss your care with a friend or relative without your knowledge?

Previously Sysop on CompuServe UK Professionals forum.