Pharmacy/cetirizine

Question
QUESTION: according to renal impairment guidelines on cetirizine those with creatinine clearence of 11-31 should take 05 mg of cetirizine.my creatinine clearence is 50.00.is it safe to take 05 of cetirizine daily for long term without damaging kidney or prostate?

ANSWER: Hi,

The recommended dose of cetirizine is 10mg for patients with a creatinine clearance of 50.   If you are 77 years old or older, then take 5mg.  You can take 5mg if your symptoms are not that severe; either dose should not most likely cause damage to the kidneys or prostrate.

QUESTION: hi,i take 1mgxanax along with 2mg of lunesta.the lunesta without xanax wont work.i take ambien without xanax to fall asleep.is the 15mg ambien to take just as safe as the xanax and lunesta together?

ANSWER: Hi,

I am uncertain what your question is.  Taking ambien by itself is safe.  If you are asking if it is safe to take ambien with xanax or ambien with lunesta or all three together, you need to check with your doctor first to avoid respiratory sedation.

QUESTION: im sorry perhaps i phrased question wrong.is it safe to take 15mg of ambien by itself.currently i take 1mg xanax along with 2 mg lunesta

Answer
Taking ambien 15 mg WiTHOUT Xanax and/or lunesta is ok.  However, taking two or three medications at a time needs to be checked by your doctor.  I am uncertain why would you be taking all 3.   Please do not stop taking any medication without checking with your doctor first.

Pharmacy

Nanaz Khosrowshahi