Hi I have three questions in regards to Domeborro.

1. THe pharmacist said that domeborro is the same but much weaker
  version of Domeborro Otic. Is this true?

2. If the about is true, why does the Bayor site say never put it
   in the ear, yet the doctor says Domeborrow Otic is safe for
    ear infections?

3. I thought I recalled reading alluminum caused alzheimers. IS
  this the same thing?

Domeboro otic is acetic acid and aluminum acetate, so it is stronger than Domeboro packets, which is aluminum acetate.  The Bayer site states not to put the packet in the ear since it is not meant to be used to treat ear problems with such a wet soak.  Inserting excessive liquid in the ear can cause ear infections.  Domeboro otic drops is the correct formulation for ear problems.  Aluminum is not the same thing as Alzheimer's.  

Nanaz Khosrowshahi

Being a pharmacist, I can answer questions on medications. This includes how drugs work in the body, drug interactions, drug side effects, warnings and precautions to take when using certain medications, dosage forms and strengths, management of overdosing, storage of medications, drug administration, contraindications, and drug indications. I am able to guide them on lab work that needs to be drawn and monitored while on certain medications. I am able to help patients save money when purchasing medications by directing them to cost-effective therapies. I am able to answer questions on federal laws governing pharmacy practice in the United States. I am unable to answer questions legally as if I am diagnosing the patient's disease or illness. For example, if a patient stated he had upper flank pain, I am unable to say he definitely has a urinary tract infection. However, I am able to direct the patient to the correct next step, which is to call his physician with such a side effect.

I have been a licensed pharmacist since 2007, holding licenses in CT and MA. I have a PHARM.D from an accelerated pharmacy school program. Currently, I work at the Hebrew Home and Hospital in West Hartford, CT as a pharmacist. I am a well-rounded pharmacist, with experience in long-term care, IV home infusion, retail, hospital, and hospice. I serve as the pharmacy unit coordinator for Mass Dispensing Area #31 in CT, where I am called upon as a volunteer pharmacist in case of public emergencies, such as anthrax threats. I helped run the swine flu vaccine clinic in 2009. I am on the Editorial Advisory Board for Pharmacy Today, a publication of the American Pharmacists Association. My position on the board runs for three years. Every month I make suggestions and offer ideas that would help improve the magazine. I have undergone extra training to administer vaccines to patients, which is training that only a certain percentage of registered pharmacists in the country have.

American Pharmacists Association 2007

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, MA- PHARM.D 2007 University of California, Irvine- BA psychology 2001 cum laude