Pharmacy/ordering medications

Question
Nanaz:
I don't know if this is your area, but there seemed to be some things in your expertise that might fit.  If not, possibly you could direct me further.

I am seeking an online or mail order medication source to order medications from either Canada or the UK.  I found one online that is called Universaldrugstore.com, but they do not accept insurance.  I have a drug program through Medicare.  I have a fairly stubborn infection type of disease, and it is in my opinion that I think possibly medications not from US may be of better quality.  I feel that the FDA standard is fairly low.  My opinion only.  So, I apologize if this is not in your area, but any direction would be helpful.  thank you.

Answer

The FDA standard for quality of drugs in America is actually high.  I cannot guarantee medications from other countries will be better or worse than those found in America.  Ordering medications from other countries is generally discouraged among US pharmacists.  There are issues of counterfeit, contaminated, and adulterated drugs from online pharmacies.  I have attached two online articles regarding this matter.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/BuyingUsingMedicineSafely/Buy

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/585137

Perhaps a second opinion from another medical doctor would help versus finding alternative medications.  

Pharmacy

Nanaz Khosrowshahi