Pharmacy/letrozole and St. John's wart

Thank you very much for your time.  I am currently taking letrozole, a generic of femara.  I have some mild anxiety problems and I prefer to take more natural things.  I have read that St. John's wort is a good natural way to help with anxiety.  My question is, does St. John's wort interact with the letrozole?  Thank you.

Hello Tanya,
The information  released by the manufacturer of Femara (Letrozole) does not list any known interaction with St. John's wort. However the information released is based on available reports, and probably no one has tried these two drugs together. I am personally not in favour of using alternative medicines, since there are problems of  their standardization. I would  adivse you to stick to known antidepressants from modern medicine of which we have plenty to suit every individual's need.
Best wishes
Ravi Ghooi

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.