Pharmacy/letrozole and St. John's wart

Question
Doctor,

Thank you very much for your time.  I am currently taking letrozole, a generic of femara.  I have some mild anxiety problems and I prefer to take more natural things.  I have read that St. John's wort is a good natural way to help with anxiety.  My question is, does St. John's wort interact with the letrozole?  Thank you.

Answer
Hello Tanya,
The information  released by the manufacturer of Femara (Letrozole) does not list any known interaction with St. John's wort. However the information released is based on available reports, and probably no one has tried these two drugs together. I am personally not in favour of using alternative medicines, since there are problems of  their standardization. I would  adivse you to stick to known antidepressants from modern medicine of which we have plenty to suit every individual's need.
Best wishes
Ravi Ghooi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi