You are here:

Pharmacy/lump beneath the eye


i do not know if you are the right person to ask this but please if you can I'll love to know, otherwise please tell me the category suitable for this question.
i got into a fight and got hit on the face. i have a black eye which is now fading but there is a sudden appearance of lump just right where i had a cut as a result of the punch. is this normal?should i be worried? if yes, what drug can i use to maybe dissolve the lump?


It sounds as though the cut may have become infected. In which case antibiotics are required, and if necessary the lesion may need to be lanced and drained first.

If access to medical services, then medical advice is advisable because of the risk to your sight if not treated appropriately. Otherwise, a pharmacy or optometrist / optician may be able to confirm what the best treatment is.

I hope this helps.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Nigel Simmons


I am happy to answer general questions on medicines and hospital care. If possible, please use approved / chemical names rather than brands which are not internationally recognised. Like all health professionals I am bound by a duty of care which prevents me giving detailed information about medication or treatment of people other than the questioner. I will endeavour to help wherever possible or point towards more appropriate advice. If however your question crosses too far into patient confidentiality, I hope you will understand why I cannot answer your question. Consider.. would you want me to discuss your care with a friend or relative without your knowledge?


Past/Present Clients
Previously Sysop on CompuServe UK Professionals forum.

©2017 All rights reserved.