Pharmacy/remeron

Question
eric,i have been taking lunesta for sleep for a year.wanted to switch to  remeron,which I thought might have less side effects.they say it is safe but the prescribing literature said remeron can increase triglycerides up to 500 in about 6%of people.that scared the crap out of me think sticking to lunesta long term is safer?

Answer
Hi Howard,
Weight gain is the most common side effect of Remeron. The patients I have who use Remeron have been selected to exclude those with cholesterol and triglyceride problems. If you have triglyceride problems ot cholesterol problems, and are treated for that, then you can use Remeron so long as levels are closely monitored.
Thank you for using Allexpets
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt