eric,i have been taking lunesta for sleep for a year.wanted to switch to  remeron,which I thought might have less side effects.they say it is safe but the prescribing literature said remeron can increase triglycerides up to 500 in about 6%of people.that scared the crap out of me think sticking to lunesta long term is safer?

Hi Howard,
Weight gain is the most common side effect of Remeron. The patients I have who use Remeron have been selected to exclude those with cholesterol and triglyceride problems. If you have triglyceride problems ot cholesterol problems, and are treated for that, then you can use Remeron so long as levels are closely monitored.
Thank you for using Allexpets
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to