Pharmacy/Adderall XR - Missed doses and side effects

Question
Hi Eric,

I am 19 years old and I am a male. I am on 25mg of Adderall XR for my ADD. Adderall has been working great for me however I have not been a very responsible person as I have missed my Adderall for the past three weeks. I am at university so every time I would I woke up I would rush and miss a dose and this morning I realized I have not taken it for three weeks. I did not have any withdrawal symptoms and for a while I completely forgot about Adderall, I did not even feel an addiction like i really needed it. This morning I took it on a full stomach and about an hour later I felt horrible my heart rate started increasing rapidly and I started getting hot flashes while my head started. I have not felt this way since I took Adderall for the first time 5 years a go and even than tit was not this bad. I am out of town at university and have not been able to reach my physician. Is what I described sound bad.  Is this all because I missed adderall for three weeks. Let me know what you think I should do.

Thanks,

Sam

Answer
Hi Sam,
What you are feeling is a result of not having  taken the drug fro a long time. It is like starting all over again. Seeing you did not take it for weeks and were able to function well I wonder if you even need it.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt