Pharmacy/Temazepam addiction

Good day Dr. Ravindra, I am desperate to discontinue the use of Temazepam to treat my insomnia. I have been taking it for over two years and I have experienced terrible withdraw effects everytime  I try to discontinue ...It was prescribed initially by my Immunologist back in 2011 to treat my insomnia related to Truvada and Issentress therapy drugs, and I have not been able to replace it with any other sleeping drugs like Ambien, Lunesta....Can you please suggest  which medication/therapy can help to whitdraw from Temazepam? seems not even my primary care physician cares about the withdraw effects by simply replacing with a different drug....Thank you!

The best replacement for temazepam would be another drug of its chemical and pharmacological class. Both Ambien and Lunesta belong to a distinctly different class. My suggestion would be you try lorazepam or alprazolam. However since all these drugs are controlled items in most countries you will require a prescription for them.
Best wishes
Ravi Ghooi

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.