Dear Sir,

During my routine check up, I had eosiniphilia 12 count and Absolute eosiniphilia 1200 which according to physician are on higher side, He suggested to take Doxophyline 400 mg twice daily with Hetrazan 100 mg thrice a day. I understand that doxophylin has few side effects. Can it be taken twice a day ? What is this drug

Hi Hemant,
My guess is that you had a lot of cough as a result of eosinophilia. Doxifylline a derivative of theophylline is given to reduce cough and asthma like symptoms in eosinophilia. Its side effects are all minor and I would not worry aboutit at all.
Please go ahed with the therapy prescribed, I am sure you will be fine.
All the best
Ravi Ghooi

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.