I would like the correct answer on non-epilectics and gabitril.3 experts on this panel say no danger in non-epilectics taking gabitril for sleep.they say less side effects then sleeping own psychiatrist said take 15-20 mg ambien a nite.the fda said only 50 non-epilectics got seizures from gabitril in 4 years

Hi Howard,
The correct answer is that the manufacturer recommends against its use in non epileptics. Anyone using it against this recommendations risks  litigation in the event of an adverse outcome and will not have a defence.
Thank you for using Allexperts
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm  

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to