Pharmacy/Side effects

Thank you very much for your time.   I have been taking the generic for femara,letrozole, for a year. I had several of the side effects: strong hot flashes, night sweats, and a few others. Then i went several months without much trouble with these. Now the side effects are back and stronger. What would be a cause of this? Do long term medicines do this?

Hi Tanya,
It is  uncommon or rare for side effects to appear then vanish and reappear. Most drugs do not behave like this. I would suggest you need a detailed consultation with your specialist either a gynecologist or endcrinologist.
All the best
Rav Ghooi

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.