Pharmacy/can't ejaculate with antidepressants

Question
hello, I just recently was prescribed tera venlafaxine xr 75 mg to help moderate my mood swings and in a month they are going to boost my dose to 150.  I'm only a couple days into this, and have noticed my sleep pattern is broken, but I can deal with that.  What I have an issue with is the fact that I can't orgasm, or if I do it takes a VERY long time.  Normally I last a long time, but this is crazy.  I know this is a side effect of the pills, but was wondering if this goes away after taking the pill for a while or is it a permanent side effect while taking the pills?

Answer
Hi,  Being unable to orgasm and/or having a delay to achieve it is a side effect of venlafaxine XR. The problem may or may not disappear after taking the pill for an extended period of time.  However, if you discontinue the medication, most likely the problem should stop.  Hence, it most likely is not a permanent side effect.  I would inform your physician of this and perhaps he/she can prescribe a different antidepressant and/or prescribe Viagra.

Thanks,

Nanaz  

Pharmacy

Nanaz Khosrowshahi