Pharmacy/antifungal pills and creams

Question
Hello. I am dealing with a vaginal fungal infection from medication I was on and I was told to use monostat. Thirty min. after using it I started having a ton of premature contractions. I mean a lot. Also I was having horrible contraction type pain. I stopped using it and my doctor says there is no way the crea affected my heart and she said the only other option I have for the infection is to take a pill like diflucan. The thing is that I have first degree heart block as well as lots of pvcs and some rythm issues not captured yet. Is there any other medication that will not harm my heart that can treat a fungal infection?

Answer
Your MD is correct when stating the Monistat cream had no affect on your heart.  It is the gold standard to prescribe diflucan for fungal infections of the vagina.  There are no topical fungal treatment that would affect your heart because the absorption systemically is low.  Hence, it will not travel to your cardiac (heart) system.  Diflucan is the best one of the options available.  You can try prescription strength clotrimazole vaginal suppositories.  It will not affect your heart.

Pharmacy

Nanaz Khosrowshahi