Pharmacy/drug alternate

my doctor wants me to try a drug called PROTOPIC because of an itch I have that steroids don't seem to work on the problem I have. my insurance does not pay for this drug and it is very expensive, is there any drug out there that works similar to  PROTOPIC.

Hi Anthony,
If steroids do not work, Protopic is your best alternative. Some insurers offer special authority coverage if the drugs they cover have not worked. Ask if your doctor can apply for special authority.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to