Pharmacy/PROTOPIC

Question
my doctor wants me to try a drug called PROTOPIC because of an itch I have that steroids don't seem to work on the problem I have. my insurance does not pay for this drug and it is very expensive, is there any drug out there that works similar to  PROTOPIC.

Answer

It depends on the source of the itch.  If it is due to a fungal infection, then there are anti fungal treatments your doctor can prescribe such as nystatin or Ketoconazole.  If it is not fungal, try elidel which is in the same drug class as protopic.  

Pharmacy

Nanaz Khosrowshahi