Pharmacy/ambien

Question
I have normal liver function.but I heard that ambien causes upper resporitory infection.also causes liver damage.i gather this is rare.in our prior discussion about remeron I did some research.its not as safe as people think.in 15%of people taking remeron the triglyserides can go up to 500.stopping the drug does not bring down the tryglisyrides.let me know about ambien and liver and upper respitory problems.thanks /howard

Answer
Hi Howard,
If you read the complete side effect profile of any medication you would be reluctant to take the medication. I do not recall any of the people I dispensed Remeron to having the side effects you are concerned about. Ambien here in Canada is marketed under the brand name Sublonox. I have never dispensed it and I do not know anyone who has tried it.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt