Pharmacy/sleeping aids

in our prior e-mail you were kind enough to inform me about the inaccurate studies that state sleeping pills do not cause dementia or cancer I do like is nice to get advice from someone who knows about 80 years old and I don't like sonata,or ambien.I do like 1mg of clonazepam with 5mg of amambien.of course we are know getting back that long term benzos like klonopin will turn into a vicious killing last option is remeron.only thing I don't like about remeron is it can raise your tryglisyres to 500.dont know if that is reverseable.don't want to put you on the spot but which one if any is safer long  term psychiatrist suggested cloral hydrate but my kidney function at 80 is 45%

It is hard to say which one is safer long term, since they have similarities and differences in how they work.  They are all widely prescribed.  If remeron raised your triglycerides to 500 then your MD would most likely discontinue it and most likely the triglycerides would return to normal.  Chloral hydrate is not commonly prescribed.  I do not know much about the drug.  

Nanaz Khosrowshahi

Being a pharmacist, I can answer questions on medications. This includes how drugs work in the body, drug interactions, drug side effects, warnings and precautions to take when using certain medications, dosage forms and strengths, management of overdosing, storage of medications, drug administration, contraindications, and drug indications. I am able to guide them on lab work that needs to be drawn and monitored while on certain medications. I am able to help patients save money when purchasing medications by directing them to cost-effective therapies. I am able to answer questions on federal laws governing pharmacy practice in the United States. I am unable to answer questions legally as if I am diagnosing the patient's disease or illness. For example, if a patient stated he had upper flank pain, I am unable to say he definitely has a urinary tract infection. However, I am able to direct the patient to the correct next step, which is to call his physician with such a side effect.

I have been a licensed pharmacist since 2007, holding licenses in CT and MA. I have a PHARM.D from an accelerated pharmacy school program. Currently, I work at the Hebrew Home and Hospital in West Hartford, CT as a pharmacist. I am a well-rounded pharmacist, with experience in long-term care, IV home infusion, retail, hospital, and hospice. I serve as the pharmacy unit coordinator for Mass Dispensing Area #31 in CT, where I am called upon as a volunteer pharmacist in case of public emergencies, such as anthrax threats. I helped run the swine flu vaccine clinic in 2009. I am on the Editorial Advisory Board for Pharmacy Today, a publication of the American Pharmacists Association. My position on the board runs for three years. Every month I make suggestions and offer ideas that would help improve the magazine. I have undergone extra training to administer vaccines to patients, which is training that only a certain percentage of registered pharmacists in the country have.

American Pharmacists Association 2007

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, MA- PHARM.D 2007 University of California, Irvine- BA psychology 2001 cum laude