How do you feel about the weight loss drug 'Alli', the OTC version of orlistat?
With a low fat diet and exercise, its the only thing that I have found, and I have used them all, that helps with my stubborn weight loss.
I am having only the normal side effects, and I have lost three pounds since Xmas.
My only issue is that it is EXPENSIVE, and not covered under my health plan.
Is there a cheaper version available, or some similar herb? Should I keep using it?, It is working SLOWLY but surely.

I'm not a firm believer in over the counter meds to help in weight loss.  I believe Alli will assist in modest weight loss such as 10 pounds.  If it worked miracles, I do not believe America would have the obesity problem that it does.  There is no cheaper version.  If you keep using it or stop, please talk to your doctor first.  If you Google herbs for weight loss, Web MD has a nice list of herbs for weight loss.  The low fat diet and exercise (as long as your doctor approves) sounds great! Perhaps you could find certain exercises or even better meal planning to assist with the weight loss.  For example, if the stubborn weight is around the thighs, there are certain exercises that target that.  There may be hidden sources of fat in your meals. Perhaps meeting with a dietician or nutritionist would help.

Nanaz Khosrowshahi

Being a pharmacist, I can answer questions on medications. This includes how drugs work in the body, drug interactions, drug side effects, warnings and precautions to take when using certain medications, dosage forms and strengths, management of overdosing, storage of medications, drug administration, contraindications, and drug indications. I am able to guide them on lab work that needs to be drawn and monitored while on certain medications. I am able to help patients save money when purchasing medications by directing them to cost-effective therapies. I am able to answer questions on federal laws governing pharmacy practice in the United States. I am unable to answer questions legally as if I am diagnosing the patient's disease or illness. For example, if a patient stated he had upper flank pain, I am unable to say he definitely has a urinary tract infection. However, I am able to direct the patient to the correct next step, which is to call his physician with such a side effect.

I have been a licensed pharmacist since 2007, holding licenses in CT and MA. I have a PHARM.D from an accelerated pharmacy school program. Currently, I work at the Hebrew Home and Hospital in West Hartford, CT as a pharmacist. I am a well-rounded pharmacist, with experience in long-term care, IV home infusion, retail, hospital, and hospice. I serve as the pharmacy unit coordinator for Mass Dispensing Area #31 in CT, where I am called upon as a volunteer pharmacist in case of public emergencies, such as anthrax threats. I helped run the swine flu vaccine clinic in 2009. I am on the Editorial Advisory Board for Pharmacy Today, a publication of the American Pharmacists Association. My position on the board runs for three years. Every month I make suggestions and offer ideas that would help improve the magazine. I have undergone extra training to administer vaccines to patients, which is training that only a certain percentage of registered pharmacists in the country have.

American Pharmacists Association 2007

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, MA- PHARM.D 2007 University of California, Irvine- BA psychology 2001 cum laude