Respected Sir,

I am taking Neurokind Plus with Subex XT and Becosules Z. I was shocked to read as follows : each gelatin coated capsule contains..... My query is whether gelatin coating implies this is non vegetrian content Then why they do not put red mark on the strip. Kindly guide me as I am a strict veggy and I do not want to take anything which contains such type of coating......

Hi Harsvadan,
Pardon me, I have never thought of medicines from this point of view.
I also have not checked whether the Drugs and Cosmetics Act requires any product from animal origin to marked distinctly as you suggest. Is this said for Neurokind or is it for Surbex or Becosules? Please let me know the details so that I can check.
Let me however caution you that gelatin is always not of animal origin. Associated Capsules make  gelatin capsules which are derived from sea weeds and are vegetable.
All the best
Ravi Ghooi

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.