Pharmacy/Query

Question
Respected Sir,

I am taking Neurokind Plus with Subex XT and Becosules Z. I was shocked to read as follows : each gelatin coated capsule contains..... My query is whether gelatin coating implies this is non vegetrian content Then why they do not put red mark on the strip. Kindly guide me as I am a strict veggy and I do not want to take anything which contains such type of coating......

Answer
Hi Harsvadan,
Pardon me, I have never thought of medicines from this point of view.
I also have not checked whether the Drugs and Cosmetics Act requires any product from animal origin to marked distinctly as you suggest. Is this said for Neurokind or is it for Surbex or Becosules? Please let me know the details so that I can check.
Let me however caution you that gelatin is always not of animal origin. Associated Capsules make  gelatin capsules which are derived from sea weeds and are vegetable.
All the best
Ravi Ghooi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi