Pharmacy/sleeping

Question
if you take a 10mg ambien at 100am  and 3 hours later at 400am  you cant fall asleep is it safe to take one sonata or are you better off taking nother ambien?

Answer
Hi Howard,
You seem to have a lot of trouble with sleep. The maximum dose of Ambien is 10 mg so you can not take a second dose during the night if your initial dose is already the maximum. Secondly you should not take any sleeping pills if you have less than 4 hours before you need to wake up. Sonata is much like Ambien and should not be taken the same night Ambien is taken. You need a referral to a sleep clinic.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt