if you take a 10mg ambien at 100am  and 3 hours later at 400am  you cant fall asleep is it safe to take one sonata or are you better off taking nother ambien?

Hi Howard,
You seem to have a lot of trouble with sleep. The maximum dose of Ambien is 10 mg so you can not take a second dose during the night if your initial dose is already the maximum. Secondly you should not take any sleeping pills if you have less than 4 hours before you need to wake up. Sonata is much like Ambien and should not be taken the same night Ambien is taken. You need a referral to a sleep clinic.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to