Pharmacy/Hairfall issue

Hi, my name is Lokesh n I'm 22yrs old. I'm facing severe hair fall problem, my scalp produces lots n lots of oil followed by a buttery layer on scalp. Within 5hrs of shampooing my hairs gets comletely oily n itches a lot and  when i bath again the next day i lose a min of 100 hairs from its roots. Right now I've lost 40- 45% of hairs. Earlier instead of getting a buttery later it used to be like granules or sandy like on my scalp. Also thinning of hairs has happened. Please suggest me some good medicines or oil so that i can atleast stop the hairfall if not gain it back.
I'm ready to send pictures of my hairs, head n scalp if needed. Pls help I'm feel very frustrated abt this. I'm only 22yrs old n because of hair loss i look 30yrs old

Hi Lokesh,
It is quite clear that you  are suffering from keratosis, which is also known as dandruff. What you need is a urgent treatment. The best product available contains 2% ketoconazole and  brand names are Nizoral, Bandruff, etc, you can ask the  chemist for  a ketoconazole shampoo.
Wash your hair with water and apply  the shampoo generously, keep the shampoo on  your head for 30 min. It  will cause itching, later wash it off. After two or three days dead skin from the scalp will slough off and this will continue for a day or two, after this you will be free fro this problem for about a month after which you will need to repeat the shampoo.
Unfortunately you have a tendency to get fungal infection of the scalp, why it happens we dont know, hairloss is associated with dandruff. If your dandruff is under control then your hairloss will reduce.
All the best
Ravi Ghooi

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.