Pharmacy/med choice

Of: Lyrica, Gabapentin and Amitriptyline......which one would add the least amount of additional issues of: existing prostate enlargement, COPD issues, or new problems?

I know complex question, but I seek to be more informed, as I engage in choices...
Being a male in late 60's....and being treated for aggressive peripheral neuropathy.

Just casual observations...not seeking anything that would be perceived as more.

It is difficult for me to answer this question because all 3 medications you listed have their issues with side effects, drug disease interactions, etc.  I would say that lyrica is the most potent of the 3 to reduce your pain and successfully treat your neuropathy.  However, it has a higher potential for drug abuse, misuse, and overdose than the other two.  Amitriptyline has side effects that are not particularly friendly towards people in their 60s.  It would not be my 1st choice for treating neuropathy, especially if you have enlarged prostate.  All 3 cause fatigue, drowsiness, and dizziness, which exacerbates COPD.  Lyrica is expensive without insurance whereas the other 2 are more affordable since generic is available.

Nanaz Khosrowshahi

Being a pharmacist, I can answer questions on medications. This includes how drugs work in the body, drug interactions, drug side effects, warnings and precautions to take when using certain medications, dosage forms and strengths, management of overdosing, storage of medications, drug administration, contraindications, and drug indications. I am able to guide them on lab work that needs to be drawn and monitored while on certain medications. I am able to help patients save money when purchasing medications by directing them to cost-effective therapies. I am able to answer questions on federal laws governing pharmacy practice in the United States. I am unable to answer questions legally as if I am diagnosing the patient's disease or illness. For example, if a patient stated he had upper flank pain, I am unable to say he definitely has a urinary tract infection. However, I am able to direct the patient to the correct next step, which is to call his physician with such a side effect.

I have been a licensed pharmacist since 2007, holding licenses in CT and MA. I have a PHARM.D from an accelerated pharmacy school program. Currently, I work at the Hebrew Home and Hospital in West Hartford, CT as a pharmacist. I am a well-rounded pharmacist, with experience in long-term care, IV home infusion, retail, hospital, and hospice. I serve as the pharmacy unit coordinator for Mass Dispensing Area #31 in CT, where I am called upon as a volunteer pharmacist in case of public emergencies, such as anthrax threats. I helped run the swine flu vaccine clinic in 2009. I am on the Editorial Advisory Board for Pharmacy Today, a publication of the American Pharmacists Association. My position on the board runs for three years. Every month I make suggestions and offer ideas that would help improve the magazine. I have undergone extra training to administer vaccines to patients, which is training that only a certain percentage of registered pharmacists in the country have.

American Pharmacists Association 2007

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, MA- PHARM.D 2007 University of California, Irvine- BA psychology 2001 cum laude