Pharmacy/Pharmacy

Question
Please can you give me the roles of pharmacists in quality control and quality assurance

Answer
Christy

The level of pharmacist involvement in QC and QA depends very much on the size of the business. In small organisations, the pharmacist would have significant hands on responsibility; whilst in bigger companies, the pharmacist will be more responsible for ensuring processes and standards are maintained. However, in all cases the pharmacist usually has the final sign-off which allows a product to be sold.

Quality control specifically applies to the testing and approval of components (both chemicals and packaging materials), intermediates and finished products.

Quality assurance refers to the whole manufacturing and testing process - procedures for every process, storage and environmental monitoring, product consistency (variation within and between batches), training for staff and so on.

I hope this helps.

Pharmacy

Nigel Simmons