Pharmacy/psylium powder

Question
I have ocd (social anxiety disorder and depression). A couple of years ago?? I was prescribed sertraline(zoloft). And for a little while my digestive system had to adjust. And it did for the most part. But my problem lies with when I diet and also when I drink alot of liquids without eating before drinking alot of liquids. If I forget to eat for awhile or I was depressed and slept along time without eating it happens.so to help with dieting to prevent diherea I got psylium husk powder is this safe to take long term? Even with taking one teaspoon a day helps.also I see that the reason the say to drink with 8oz is to prevent choking can it be mixed with things other than water like yogurt or something to make it go down easier?

Answer

I would only mix the Metamucil (psyllium husk powder) with water.  They are available in fiber capsule form as well.

I would not take psyllium long term unless a doctor said it is OK.  If your digestive system needs help, take zoloft with crackers or bread.  Probiotics might help, such as over the counter Acidophilus capsules.

Pharmacy

Nanaz Khosrowshahi