Pharmacy/Low Dose Zoloft

Question
I have panic disorder.  I have tried Buspar and Xanax, and Ativan.  Also have been on beta blockers, but I am so sensitive to the medication and side effects.  I am now on 6.25 mg of Zoloft per day. I started on 25mg but could not take the side effects.  This small amount has stopped the spontaneous panic attacks and taken the edge off of the anxiety.  I have been on it for a month now and I am also using a light box for 1 hour a day.  I know that Zoloft has to build up in your body.  Will this small dose eventually build up to a level that will stop the panic and anxiety?  I know it will take longer probably to hit a good level because of the small dose.

Answer
Hi Georgina,
Low dose would not lead to the same level expected if you were taking a higher dose. Talk to your doctor about increasing the doe. I know you did not tolerate an initial higher dose, but perhaps having starting at lower dose you have developed tolerance and will be able to handle a higher dose.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt