Pharmacy/malaria info

Question
Hello,I live in Europe but I travel quite often to Kenya.I was told by the kenyans  that there is a high risk of getting malaria if I eat mango fruit from Mombassa,even if I peel the fruit and wash it properly.I was confused because I never heard such thing,but I decided to write you,hoping for an answer.Thank you so much in advance!

Answer
Hi Klaas,
Malaria can be transmitted only through mosquito bites, and that to the  female anopheles mosquito only.
No  mango or any fruit washed or otherwise can cause an infection. Rest assured that these stories are false and enjoy your trip to Kenya.
All the best
Ravi Ghooi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi