Pharmacy/zoloft deplin diarrhea Imodium

Hi, I am on sertraline (200mg daily) and deplin (15mg daily). When I originally started sertraline (a long long time ago) I experienced diarrhea. Which eventually subsided as time progressed. Then later on I figured out that if I would try dieting I would get diahrea or if I didnt drink in awhile. But that could be managed somewhat. But, recently im not sure if its the deplin (I started deplin recently) but I started getting diahrea/soft stool even without dieting.
I take Sertraline and Deplin to help with OCD,SAD and Depression.
Could I take Imodium to help with the diarrhea? Is it safe to take daily?

Before taking anything to help with the diarrhea, I would speak to the physician who prescribed you the sertraline and the deplin, even if it is two different doctors.  Immodium is only safe taken daily underneath the supervision of a physician.  I am uncertain what is causing the diarrhea.  

Nanaz Khosrowshahi

Being a pharmacist, I can answer questions on medications. This includes how drugs work in the body, drug interactions, drug side effects, warnings and precautions to take when using certain medications, dosage forms and strengths, management of overdosing, storage of medications, drug administration, contraindications, and drug indications. I am able to guide them on lab work that needs to be drawn and monitored while on certain medications. I am able to help patients save money when purchasing medications by directing them to cost-effective therapies. I am able to answer questions on federal laws governing pharmacy practice in the United States. I am unable to answer questions legally as if I am diagnosing the patient's disease or illness. For example, if a patient stated he had upper flank pain, I am unable to say he definitely has a urinary tract infection. However, I am able to direct the patient to the correct next step, which is to call his physician with such a side effect.

I have been a licensed pharmacist since 2007, holding licenses in CT and MA. I have a PHARM.D from an accelerated pharmacy school program. Currently, I work at the Hebrew Home and Hospital in West Hartford, CT as a pharmacist. I am a well-rounded pharmacist, with experience in long-term care, IV home infusion, retail, hospital, and hospice. I serve as the pharmacy unit coordinator for Mass Dispensing Area #31 in CT, where I am called upon as a volunteer pharmacist in case of public emergencies, such as anthrax threats. I helped run the swine flu vaccine clinic in 2009. I am on the Editorial Advisory Board for Pharmacy Today, a publication of the American Pharmacists Association. My position on the board runs for three years. Every month I make suggestions and offer ideas that would help improve the magazine. I have undergone extra training to administer vaccines to patients, which is training that only a certain percentage of registered pharmacists in the country have.

American Pharmacists Association 2007

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, MA- PHARM.D 2007 University of California, Irvine- BA psychology 2001 cum laude