Pharmacy/Zoloft dosage

Question
I have panic disorder.  I have tried Buspar and Xanax, and Ativan.  Also have been on beta blockers, but I am so sensitive to the medication and side effects.  I am now on 6.25 mg of Zoloft per day. I started on 25mg but could not take the side effects.  This small amount has stopped the spontaneous panic attacks and taken the edge off of the anxiety.  I have been on it for a month now and I am also using a light box for 1 hour a day.  I know that Zoloft has to build up in your body.  Will this small dose eventually build up to a level that will stop the panic and anxiety?  I know it will take longer probably to hit a good level because of the small dose.

Answer

Zoloft, like any drug, works differently from person to person.  I cannot guarantee that the 6.25mg dose will eventually build up to a level that will stop the panic and anxiety.  It can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to fully experience the dose effects of zoloft regardless of the dose you are taking.  Perhaps you can speak to your physician about other alternatives, such as psychotherapy, change in diet/exercise regime, to enhance the benefits of the zoloft.

Pharmacy

Nanaz Khosrowshahi