Pharmacy/prune juice

I take prune juice to relieve constipation.i get 2 diarrhea movements all day from prune juice .is 2  diarrhea bowel movements once a week enough to effect my electrolites,or does diahrrea have to last longer then 2 or 3 diahhrea per week cause loss of miralax safer to take

If you are experiencing diarrhea instead of a normal bowel movement, The prune juice may be too much for you.You may want to cut down on the amount of juice you are drinking. An alternative to prune juice that you could try would be a fiber supplement such as Citrucel. Hope this helps, Mary

Mary E Scott, RPh, CGP

I am a certified geriatric pharmacist with over 23 years experience as a long-term care consultant to nursing homes. I also do community-based consulting on an individual basis. My facility-based monthly newsletter on pharmacy topics is read by nurses in over 200 long-term care facilities in 5 states.

I received a BS in Pharmacy in 1980 with post-graduate work in public health. I have had a Consultant Pharmacist license since 1984.

American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
.I received certification in geriatric pharmacy in 1998.