Pharmacy/prune juice

Question
I take prune juice to relieve constipation.i get 2 diarrhea movements all day from prune juice .is 2  diarrhea bowel movements once a week enough to effect my electrolites,or does diahrrea have to last longer then 2 or 3 diahhrea per week cause loss of electrites.is miralax safer to take

Answer
Hi,Frank,
If you are experiencing diarrhea instead of a normal bowel movement, The prune juice may be too much for you.You may want to cut down on the amount of juice you are drinking. An alternative to prune juice that you could try would be a fiber supplement such as Citrucel. Hope this helps, Mary

Pharmacy

Mary E Scott, RPh, CGP