Pharmacy/Cut/blister on side of my mouth

It\'s only on one side
It's only on one side  
I'm currently taking both ciprofloxin and acyclovir and I feel fine, I'm getting better and I'm not having any weird side effects but today I woke up with a little cut/blister on the side of my mouth.  Could it be a reaction to my UTI or could it be angular chelitis?  I know I don't have a lot of iron and was told I need more vitamins could it be that as well? Or what do you think it is? Should I be concerned or worried? Also, I want to start taking vitamins ("NatureMade Multi For Her") but I'm not sure if that's okay .  Please help me!

The cut/blister may or may not be related to either the ciprofloxacin or acyclovir.  I am uncertain if it is angular chelitis.  Most likely it is not a reaction to the UTI.  Low iron levels may cause you to cut or bruise more easily, so I would think that if you got the cut it may be related to that.   Iron and Ciprofloxacin should not be taken at the same time because they interact so please try to take the iron at least 2 hours after the cipro.  However, the interaction probably did not cause the cut.  The Nature Made Multi for her should be fine to take since it is an over the counter vitamin, however, I would either wait until you are done taking the cipro and acyclovir or space it out 2 hours at least after taking cipro or acyclovir.  Let your doctor know of cut/blister ASAP.

Nanaz Khosrowshahi

Being a pharmacist, I can answer questions on medications. This includes how drugs work in the body, drug interactions, drug side effects, warnings and precautions to take when using certain medications, dosage forms and strengths, management of overdosing, storage of medications, drug administration, contraindications, and drug indications. I am able to guide them on lab work that needs to be drawn and monitored while on certain medications. I am able to help patients save money when purchasing medications by directing them to cost-effective therapies. I am able to answer questions on federal laws governing pharmacy practice in the United States. I am unable to answer questions legally as if I am diagnosing the patient's disease or illness. For example, if a patient stated he had upper flank pain, I am unable to say he definitely has a urinary tract infection. However, I am able to direct the patient to the correct next step, which is to call his physician with such a side effect.

I have been a licensed pharmacist since 2007, holding licenses in CT and MA. I have a PHARM.D from an accelerated pharmacy school program. Currently, I work at the Hebrew Home and Hospital in West Hartford, CT as a pharmacist. I am a well-rounded pharmacist, with experience in long-term care, IV home infusion, retail, hospital, and hospice. I serve as the pharmacy unit coordinator for Mass Dispensing Area #31 in CT, where I am called upon as a volunteer pharmacist in case of public emergencies, such as anthrax threats. I helped run the swine flu vaccine clinic in 2009. I am on the Editorial Advisory Board for Pharmacy Today, a publication of the American Pharmacists Association. My position on the board runs for three years. Every month I make suggestions and offer ideas that would help improve the magazine. I have undergone extra training to administer vaccines to patients, which is training that only a certain percentage of registered pharmacists in the country have.

American Pharmacists Association 2007

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, MA- PHARM.D 2007 University of California, Irvine- BA psychology 2001 cum laude