Pharmacy/topical steroids

Question
i was prescribed different strength topical steroids over time for an itch and rash i cant seem to fully get rid of. is there any concern as to applying theses different steroid creams one after the other. also when prescribing the different topical steroids i am also given a different anti fungal cream, that i am told to apply.

Answer
Hi Anthony,
Applying different creams of different strengths are not  harmful per se unless you are using very high steroids for long. Some steroids have a very strong action and should be used for short periods, while those with mild action can be used longer. Fungal infection could be the cause of the problem, but I  think you  should visit a dermatologist and get your mediation reviewed. Long term use of steroids on the skin is damaging to the skin.
All the best
Ravi Ghooi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi