Pharmacy/transdermal drugs

Can other medications be added to either EMLA creme or Voltaren gel and also be absorbed trandermally? Also do either drug actually enter the bloodstream?

Hi Rick,
I would think that as long as the other medications are compatible with Voltaren gel or EMLA they can be added and be absorbed.
One needs to establish that there is not a physical interaction and that the base is compatible with whatever you are adding.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to