Pharmacy/medicine price

Question
Dear sir,

I am bit confused as regards difference in price of the different brands. Glycomet gp 2 is for Rs.118 for 15tabs. Whereas systopic lab. Same drug Isryl M2 is for Rs 36 per 10 tablets.

what is the reason for such a vast difference of the same contents with different brands.is it correct to assume that low priced drug is substandard or poor quality as compared to high priced brabd. If u am using such low priced drug or say generic drug, am I compromising the quality?

Answer
Hello Sir,
The problem with drug  prices is that they are  not  well regulated, hence any  company is allowed to charge what they want. This leads to a variation in  prices. But this does not mean that the quality is bad, some low cost drugs  are very  good quality. For diabetes choose a low cost brand and  stick to  it, if you dont change your brand you will have no problem.
All the best
Ravi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi