Pharmacy/Adcodol Overdose

Question
Hi, My name is Emmanuel, please I would like you to advise me oh what I can help a friend. She sent me a message last night that she was committing suicide so she took 8 pills of Adcodol. She didnt die but hiow can I help her to detox.
Please help

Answer
Hi Emmanuel,
I saw your question on my i phone and thought I should reply you as soon as possible.
Adcodol contains the following ingredients:
Codeine 10 mg,
Paracetamol (acetaminophen) 450 mg,
Caffeine 45 mg, and
Doxylamine 5 mg.

Codeine and paracetamol are both pain relievers, and the doxylamine is an antihistamine that causes drowsiness and aids in sleep. Caffiene counters the sedative action of doxylamine in daytime.
However 8 tablets of adcodol will not kill and  she will recover without any complications. I dont  think she requires any  intervention other than rest and moral support.
She will recover unless she has some other problems. But let her rest and take her  to  a  psychiatrist for her suicidal tendency.
All the best
Ravi Ghooi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi