Pharmacy/Drug test resullt

QUESTION: My drug test keep failing for Xanax like every couple of test or so. I'm am prescribed klonopin, viibryd, neuron tin, and methadone, over counter ibuprofen and goody powders. Would any of those combinations make me fail for Xanax instead of klonopin? I assure you I take the klonopin without a doubt but not Xanax. Please any insight would be greatly appreciated. At this point my life is actually depending on figuring this out.

ANSWER: Hi Jennifer,
Klonopin and Xanax belong to the same class of drugs called benzodiazepines. They are chemically related. You need to ask the lab doing the test if they can distinguish btween the two.
Thank you for using Allexpets.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pham

QUESTION: This labs test for some reason does not test positive for benzodiazepines when you take klonopin except occasionally so when my test shows positive for benzodiazepines it has to be confirmed and then it shows sometimes klonopin alone, then Xanax alone, or both klonopin and Xanax together on my test. As I stated before I truly do not take Xanax.To be painfully honest sometimes I take all my klonopin and other times maybe once every couple of days just depends on what is happening and my level of anxiety. Can those fluctuations cause my test to show up Xanax? I just need help figuring this out. It is of utmost importance. Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Hi Jennifer,
I have no explanation for this. You need to have a laboratory tech explain it to you. Are you takig other medications or supplements that would give a false positive?
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to