Pharmacy/Morphine sulphate durabilty

Question
1
1  
Hello,
I have a few old Army sets from 1977 for personal protection
against chemical attack and I sell them as colectibles. I just found out one the plastic vial probably contains Morphine sulphate. Is there a chance it still to be active after 38 year?
It is not like I hope for it, just oposite, it worries me.
Many thanks in advance.

Answer
Hello Antonia,
I had the same problem, when I discovered my dad's first aid box from the  second world war time, which were over 50 years old. It was not possible to verify if the drugs were actively, though my  sister did try out a tube of ointment and got  a very severe reaction. I destroyed all medications, including the morphine vials.Presently no manufacturer claims more than 5 years of stability, it would be best to assume that the drug has degraded and destroy it.
All the best
Ravi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi