Hi Nanaz
Referring back to my question about Wellbutrin150 SR, after discussing it with my doctor, he decided to change the prescription to 300XR. It was becoming much less effective, which apparently can happen over time with this medication.
I have been on the 300XR for a few days and I am much improved in all respects, but my concern is what I believe are the side effects. I get dry mouth, which makes my recent dental work (two bridges) so sensitive I need to take a couple of painkillers. Also, I have had a constant slight headache with a feeling of slight dizziness. These are common side effects, and I am wondering if they will eventually go away? Thanks!

You are correct when you say that over time Well butrin can become less effective.   I am glad you have improved on the 300mg XR.  The side effects you described may or may not go away.  I would just make sure that your physician knows about them.  The side effects may be more pronounced if you just increased the dose a few days ago.  The side effects may also be from your painkillers.  

Nanaz Khosrowshahi

Being a pharmacist, I can answer questions on medications. This includes how drugs work in the body, drug interactions, drug side effects, warnings and precautions to take when using certain medications, dosage forms and strengths, management of overdosing, storage of medications, drug administration, contraindications, and drug indications. I am able to guide them on lab work that needs to be drawn and monitored while on certain medications. I am able to help patients save money when purchasing medications by directing them to cost-effective therapies. I am able to answer questions on federal laws governing pharmacy practice in the United States. I am unable to answer questions legally as if I am diagnosing the patient's disease or illness. For example, if a patient stated he had upper flank pain, I am unable to say he definitely has a urinary tract infection. However, I am able to direct the patient to the correct next step, which is to call his physician with such a side effect.

I have been a licensed pharmacist since 2007, holding licenses in CT and MA. I have a PHARM.D from an accelerated pharmacy school program. Currently, I work at the Hebrew Home and Hospital in West Hartford, CT as a pharmacist. I am a well-rounded pharmacist, with experience in long-term care, IV home infusion, retail, hospital, and hospice. I serve as the pharmacy unit coordinator for Mass Dispensing Area #31 in CT, where I am called upon as a volunteer pharmacist in case of public emergencies, such as anthrax threats. I helped run the swine flu vaccine clinic in 2009. I am on the Editorial Advisory Board for Pharmacy Today, a publication of the American Pharmacists Association. My position on the board runs for three years. Every month I make suggestions and offer ideas that would help improve the magazine. I have undergone extra training to administer vaccines to patients, which is training that only a certain percentage of registered pharmacists in the country have.

American Pharmacists Association 2007

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, MA- PHARM.D 2007 University of California, Irvine- BA psychology 2001 cum laude