Pharmacy/abilify increased appetite

Question
hello nanaz, im having a huge problem with abilify. i cant control my appetite with this drug anymore and i have carb cravings as well. i dont know what to do and i was hoping you can help me. is there any other drug out there that won't cause increased appetite. do i have to switch meds. what is the best option for this. thanks.

abilify dose is 30mg a day.
i also take lamictal for bipolar disorder.

Answer

I would discuss this increase in appetite with your physician.  Abilify is a medication part of the drug class known as antipsychotics.  Certain antipsychotics are more likely to cause appetite increase than others within that drug class.  You may or may not have to switch meds.  It is up to you and your MD.  Perhaps your MD can prescribe you another antidepressant and stop the abilify.  

Pharmacy

Nanaz Khosrowshahi