Pharmacy/CYP INDUCERS

Question
why do the anticonvulsants act as the cyp enzyme inducer?

Answer
Hi Aakarshan,
The question is rather difficult to  answer. I mean, we can say how a compound works or where or when it works, but why does it do so is difficult to  comprehend.
Essentially chemicals do not have any 'intent' or  reason to act, they do so because they are chemically and physically reactive with the site, leading  to their action.
Anticonvulsants are metabolized (mainly) by CYP enzyme system, many compounds while being broken down by the system, induce the system.
You will find that all enzyme inducers are actually targets of the  same enzyme, and may  be that is why they act. If there is  any other  reason, I am not aware.
All the  best
Ravi Ghooi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi