why do the anticonvulsants act as the cyp enzyme inducer?

Hi Aakarshan,
The question is rather difficult to  answer. I mean, we can say how a compound works or where or when it works, but why does it do so is difficult to  comprehend.
Essentially chemicals do not have any 'intent' or  reason to act, they do so because they are chemically and physically reactive with the site, leading  to their action.
Anticonvulsants are metabolized (mainly) by CYP enzyme system, many compounds while being broken down by the system, induce the system.
You will find that all enzyme inducers are actually targets of the  same enzyme, and may  be that is why they act. If there is  any other  reason, I am not aware.
All the  best
Ravi Ghooi

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.